This documentation is related to openITCOCKPIT 4
1. Fork the repository
Fork our repository into your personal GitHub account by pressing on Fork in the top right corner of our github repository page
Clone the repository (replace YOUR_ACCOUNT_NAME)
IMPORTANT! Please make sure to clone the development branch!
2. Go to the locales folder
3. Choose a language you want to translate to
Step 3.1: The language folder does not exist yet
Copy the template folder en_US and rename it like your chosen language.
If it is done continue with step 3.2
Step 3.2: The language folder already exists
Translate the content of *.po files (e.g. default.po)
The translation must be done line by line.
The msgid contains the original english content and should not be touched!
The translated message goes to msgstr.
If you haven´t done an openITCOCKPIT translation yet, please read the Important notes section!
5. Commit, push & create PR
Replace YOUR_ACCOUNT_NAME with your GitHub account name.
To contribute your changes, you need to send a pull request:
Please notice: You need to select development as base branch while you create your pull request.
Don´t translate en_US, that´s our source language :)
- Special words are not to translate
- openITCOCKPIT, Statusengine, CakePHP, Gearman, GearmanWorker
- LDAP, OpenLDAP, PHP, SSO, NRPE, NDO, UUID, ARO, ACO, ACL,
- Nagios, Naemon, NPCE, NDOUtils
- Don´t touch placeholders, escape characters, classes, values or html (style) code
- % prefixed characters are used for replacements. (e.g. %s replaces a string or %1$s)
- \ escapes "
- CrudAuthorize::authorize() is an example for an internal class. (Needed for error messages)
- $ prefixed words are variables (e.g. $PATH, $USER1$, $ARG1$)
- use <b>This is bold</b> to generate bold characters
- use <success>Green text</success> to generate green characters
- Keep length of strings that are using blank characters to get an uniform length